The Royal College of Pathologists (RCPath) and the IBMS are jointly hosting the 2023 RCPath/IBMS Northern Symposium: Pathology and People. Taking place on 18 October at Cloth Hall Court, Leeds; the event will offer an exciting opportunity to meet, share experiences and network with local colleagues working in pathology in the North of England.
Keynote speakers include Professor Mike Osborn, President of RCPath, Debra Padgett, President of IBMS, and James Dixon, Head of Sustainability at Newcastle Hospitals.
There will be poster presentations and a range of breakout sessions covering topics such as wellbeing, leadership, innovation, sustainability, diversity and inclusion, training, quality and pathology networks. The symposium will start at 9.30am for registration and end at 3.45pm.
The day's sessions will include:
- Opening plenary: The Future of Pathology – Debra Padgett, President of IBMS and Professor Mike Osborn, President of RCPath
- Sustainability in Healthcare: James Dixon, Head of Sustainability at Newcastle Hospitals
- Workshops on:
- Wellbeing – Dr Chris Tiplady, Consultant Haematologist at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and author of RCPath’s Professional Development blog series
- Leadership – Dr Ali Robb, Consultant Medical Microbiologist, Head of School for Laboratory Medicine for Health Education England North East, and RCPath Regional Representative for the North
- Innovation: Point of Care Testing Strategy – David Wells, Chief Executive of IBMS
- Sustainability – Jennifer Collins and Sheri Scott
- Diversity and Inclusion, supporting international colleagues – Hebah Ali and Tahmina Hussain
- Training – Rob Shorten, Consultant Clinical Scientist at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Quality – John Ringrow
- Pathology networks/workforce – Michelle Payne and Trudy Walker
- Poster presentations
- Commercial partners and presentations.
For further details and to book your place visit www.rcpath.org/event/north-of-england-regional-symposium.html