Three StarBright dyes for flow cytometry introduced
Bio-Rad Laboratories has introduced StarBright Violet 570, 670 and 710 dyes, which offer improved brightness and precise excitation and emission spectra, making them suitable for use in multicolour flow cytometry panels.
Bio-Rad’s line of StarBright dyes offer researchers a range of fluorescent nanoparticles conjugated to highly validated flow antibodies.
“The new StarBright dyes offer improved brightness when compared to other available dyes at similar wavelengths, and they may be used with a wide range of flow cytometers,” said Dr Mike Blundell, Bio-Rad Product Manager, Flow Cytometry, Life Science Group. “The unique profile of the dyes offers enhanced resolution of rare populations and low-density antigens as well as consistent and reproducible staining.”
Key benefits include:
- compatible with new and existing protocols and suitable for use in multiplex panels
- resistant to photobleaching and highly stable with minimal lot-to-lot variation
- offer reliable Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET) for reproducible data
- work with common staining buffers, including special polymer dye staining buffers, for easy integration into multicolor panels
- ensure no loss of signal in fixation
- offer narrow excitation and emission profiles for improved resolution in new and existing multicolour flow cytometry experiments.
The StarBright dyes are compatible with Bio-Rad’s ZE5 Cell Analyser, S3e Cell Sorter, and other conventional and spectral flow cytometers.